SMYTH COUNTY, Tenn. - The Smyth County, Virginia Animal Shelter has stopped all adoptions, rescues and animal intake until further notice.
According to their Facebook page, they hope to release more information today as to why.
They did post that they are testing all of the dogs within the shelter over the next few days per a notice from the state veterinarian.
The posts also note that this only affects dogs, not cats.
The shelter stated on its Facebook page that it did not want to release information until the facts are proven.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital