SMYTH COUNTY, Tenn. - The Smyth County, Virginia Animal Shelter has stopped all adoptions, rescues and animal intake until further notice.
According to their Facebook page, they hope to release more information today as to why.
They did post that they are testing all of the dogs within the shelter over the next few days per a notice from the state veterinarian.
The posts also note that this only affects dogs, not cats.
The shelter stated on its Facebook page that it did not want to release information until the facts are proven.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day