SMYTH COUNTY, Tenn. - The Smyth County, Virginia Animal Shelter has stopped all adoptions, rescues and animal intake until further notice.
According to their Facebook page, they hope to release more information today as to why.
They did post that they are testing all of the dogs within the shelter over the next few days per a notice from the state veterinarian.
The posts also note that this only affects dogs, not cats.
The shelter stated on its Facebook page that it did not want to release information until the facts are proven.
- New Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone