KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A little boy from Kingsport, who underwent a rare heart and double lung transplant on December 12th, will leave the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in March.
Seven-year-old Weston Keeton's mom says he will stay in Philadelphia for about six more months to continue his rehabilitation.
His family says Weston will also get his service dog in March.
Weston's mother says he has been riding his tricycle every day.
The family hopes Weston will be able to return home to Tennessee by the fall.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next