KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A little boy from Kingsport, who underwent a rare heart and double lung transplant on December 12th, will leave the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in March.
Seven-year-old Weston Keeton's mom says he will stay in Philadelphia for about six more months to continue his rehabilitation.
His family says Weston will also get his service dog in March.
Weston's mother says he has been riding his tricycle every day.
The family hopes Weston will be able to return home to Tennessee by the fall.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect