KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A little boy from Kingsport, who underwent a rare heart and double lung transplant on December 12th, will leave the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in March.
Seven-year-old Weston Keeton's mom says he will stay in Philadelphia for about six more months to continue his rehabilitation.
His family says Weston will also get his service dog in March.
Weston's mother says he has been riding his tricycle every day.
The family hopes Weston will be able to return home to Tennessee by the fall.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day