KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A little boy from Kingsport, who underwent a rare heart and double lung transplant on December 12th, will leave the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in March.
Seven-year-old Weston Keeton's mom says he will stay in Philadelphia for about six more months to continue his rehabilitation.
His family says Weston will also get his service dog in March.
Weston's mother says he has been riding his tricycle every day.
The family hopes Weston will be able to return home to Tennessee by the fall.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial