The United States Postal Service is releasing a limited-edition selection of forever stamps Friday to commemorate America's rich history, and love for everything Muscle Car. And who better to help dedicate the release of the new stamps than seven-time NASCAR Champion Richard Petty?
Petty, along with son Kyle, have joined together to dedicate the new stamps at one of racing's favorite stages, Daytona International Speedway.
The stamps are being featured as part of the postal service's "America On The Move" series, and are a collaborative creation from art director Carl T. Herman, and artist Tom Fritz.
The collection will feature five of the most popular muscle cars from the sixties and seventies. Included in the lineup are the '66 Pontiac GTO, the '67 Shelby GT-500, the '69 Dodge Charger Daytona, the '70 Plymouth Hemi ‘Cuda, and the 1970 Chevelle SS.
The stamps can be purchased online while they last at www.usps.com/stamps , and at your local post office starting Friday, February 22.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School