The United States Postal Service is releasing a limited-edition selection of forever stamps Friday to commemorate America's rich history, and love for everything Muscle Car. And who better to help dedicate the release of the new stamps than seven-time NASCAR Champion Richard Petty?
Petty, along with son Kyle, have joined together to dedicate the new stamps at one of racing's favorite stages, Daytona International Speedway.
The stamps are being featured as part of the postal service's "America On The Move" series, and are a collaborative creation from art director Carl T. Herman, and artist Tom Fritz.
The collection will feature five of the most popular muscle cars from the sixties and seventies. Included in the lineup are the '66 Pontiac GTO, the '67 Shelby GT-500, the '69 Dodge Charger Daytona, the '70 Plymouth Hemi ‘Cuda, and the 1970 Chevelle SS.
The stamps can be purchased online while they last at www.usps.com/stamps , and at your local post office starting Friday, February 22.
- Updated Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated