BRISTOL, Tenn. - The South's largest light show is still over a month away, but preparations begin early at Bristol Motor Speedway.
The YMCA Teen Leaders Club pitched in Tuesday to make sure all of those lights will be shining bright. Every single bulb is inspected and replaced.
Changing lights for the speedway is a favorite volunteer activity for the group, and this year was no different.
Speedway In Lights opens on November 16th and will run through January 5th.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting