BRISTOL, Tenn. - The South's largest light show is still over a month away, but preparations begin early at Bristol Motor Speedway.
The YMCA Teen Leaders Club pitched in Tuesday to make sure all of those lights will be shining bright. Every single bulb is inspected and replaced.
Changing lights for the speedway is a favorite volunteer activity for the group, and this year was no different.
Speedway In Lights opens on November 16th and will run through January 5th.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City