BRISTOL, Tenn. - Time is running out for you to visit the ice rink at Bristol Motor Speedway.
The Johnson Controls ice skating rink and the H-Vac Chill Hill located at BMS will close down after this weekend.
A spokesperson for the speedway says that this is one of the most successful seasons they've had since it all got started.
"We attribute that success directly to the support of this community for both the speedway and Speedway Children's Charities, and all the proceeds go to benefit the surrounding children's charities here in our area," said
Lynsey Wilson, communications manager at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Wilson also tells us that the ice rink is the most popular non-motorsport event held at the track.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash