BRISTOL, Tenn. - King College is preparing for graduation on Saturday, May 11, at 10 a.m. on the King campus Oval. In a press release, the college says students will walk for one final time as the last graduating class of King College.
On June 1, 2013, King will begin operating as King University. They say graduating students will be awarded degrees from King University beginning fall 2013.
Diplomas will be awarded to more than 380 students who have completed undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies degrees.
King announced this year's commencement speaker is Dr. Belle Wheelan. She is the current president of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. She is the first African American and the first woman to serve in this capacity.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated