BRISTOL, Tenn. - King College is preparing for graduation on Saturday, May 11, at 10 a.m. on the King campus Oval. In a press release, the college says students will walk for one final time as the last graduating class of King College.
On June 1, 2013, King will begin operating as King University. They say graduating students will be awarded degrees from King University beginning fall 2013.
Diplomas will be awarded to more than 380 students who have completed undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies degrees.
King announced this year's commencement speaker is Dr. Belle Wheelan. She is the current president of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. She is the first African American and the first woman to serve in this capacity.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project