KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport woman who has lived through 19 presidents celebrated her 106th birthday today.
Margaret Ingraham was born on February 17th in 1908.
She was the oldest of five sisters.
Ingraham and her husband were married for 56 years and had one son.
In 1990, her granddaughter Alexandra was born on Ingraham's birthday.
"Every Sunday I come over here and we hang out for a little while and I'm just thankful that she's still Mamaw," said Alexandra Warmath. "She doesn't act like a 106-year-old lady."
Ingraham was a nurse for 35 years, spending a lot of that time at Holston Valley.
"I was a nurse for a long time," said Ingraham. "I loved it, taking care of people."
Now Ingraham says she has a lot of nice people taking care of her.
As for the reason she doesn't look her age, her granddaughter tells us that her Mamaw uses Oil of Olay every day.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next