KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport woman who has lived through 19 presidents celebrated her 106th birthday today.
Margaret Ingraham was born on February 17th in 1908.
She was the oldest of five sisters.
Ingraham and her husband were married for 56 years and had one son.
In 1990, her granddaughter Alexandra was born on Ingraham's birthday.
"Every Sunday I come over here and we hang out for a little while and I'm just thankful that she's still Mamaw," said Alexandra Warmath. "She doesn't act like a 106-year-old lady."
Ingraham was a nurse for 35 years, spending a lot of that time at Holston Valley.
"I was a nurse for a long time," said Ingraham. "I loved it, taking care of people."
Now Ingraham says she has a lot of nice people taking care of her.
As for the reason she doesn't look her age, her granddaughter tells us that her Mamaw uses Oil of Olay every day.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect