The president of Kingsport City Schools is asking you to support the Board of Mayor and Alderman when it comes to possible tax or fee increases for the greater good of the community and its schools. In a statement released Wednesday, Carrie Upshaw said, "I urge everyone, parent, citizen, employer/employee, retiree, or whatever your current role is, to join with the Board of Education and speak now and support our BMA in funding what is necessary to ensure the continued health and vitality of all the programs in our city and to provide for moving us forward to make Kingsport the most desired location to live, work and learn, both now and into the future."
New Photos & Videos
- Local man drowns after trying to save three daughters from current in N.C.
- Johnson City man arrested on child abuse charges
- Crystal meth ‘baggies’ found in woman’s bra while being booked into jail
- One dead, one injured in Greene County crash
- Clinton's image at lowest level in 24 years
- Former Norton Parks and Recreation Supervisor indicted
- Freddie Gray case: Charges dropped against officers
- Alpha Natural Resources emerges from bankruptcy
- We Salute You: Jerry Cropper, Council, Va.
- Sen. Warner responds to Trump's attack on Kaine
- We Salute You: Tyler Blankenship, Abingdon, Va.
- Trump appears in Roanoke for town hall event
- Hawk takes long look at TV sky view camera
- Wednesday Afternoon's StormTrack 5 Forecast: 07-27-16
- Golf tournament to be held to raise money for JT Brooks
- Tonight's StormTrack 5 Forecast, July 26, 2016