The president of Kingsport City Schools is asking you to support the Board of Mayor and Alderman when it comes to possible tax or fee increases for the greater good of the community and its schools. In a statement released Wednesday, Carrie Upshaw said, "I urge everyone, parent, citizen, employer/employee, retiree, or whatever your current role is, to join with the Board of Education and speak now and support our BMA in funding what is necessary to ensure the continued health and vitality of all the programs in our city and to provide for moving us forward to make Kingsport the most desired location to live, work and learn, both now and into the future."
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes
- U.S. tourist gets trapped in London bookstore
- Woman buys year's supply of pumpkin spice lattes
- Haunted house worker gets a little too creepy
- Virginia teen to become Honorary Marine after passing
- Teens encounter drunk Santa zombie in home