The president of Kingsport City Schools is asking you to support the Board of Mayor and Alderman when it comes to possible tax or fee increases for the greater good of the community and its schools. In a statement released Wednesday, Carrie Upshaw said, "I urge everyone, parent, citizen, employer/employee, retiree, or whatever your current role is, to join with the Board of Education and speak now and support our BMA in funding what is necessary to ensure the continued health and vitality of all the programs in our city and to provide for moving us forward to make Kingsport the most desired location to live, work and learn, both now and into the future."
New Photos & Videos
- Christmas tree-shaped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups criticized
- Woman, dogs get out safely before fire destroys home
- $5s that look like $100s and other creative local counterfeit scams
- Smoking while on oxygen to blame for Appalachian Towers fire
- Suspected robber hit with Taser during chase outside mall
- Read the latest StormTrack 5 Forecast
- Fines going up for those who don't wear seat belts in Tennessee
- Bristol Va. Sheriff's Department raises money through 'No-Shave November'