The president of Kingsport City Schools is asking you to support the Board of Mayor and Alderman when it comes to possible tax or fee increases for the greater good of the community and its schools. In a statement released Wednesday, Carrie Upshaw said, "I urge everyone, parent, citizen, employer/employee, retiree, or whatever your current role is, to join with the Board of Education and speak now and support our BMA in funding what is necessary to ensure the continued health and vitality of all the programs in our city and to provide for moving us forward to make Kingsport the most desired location to live, work and learn, both now and into the future."
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Bank robbery suspect's happy mug shot going viral
- La. restaurant gives discount to gun-toting patrons
- Cops: Man shot at neighbor's home to unload gun
- Fleeing car crashes into water treatment plant
- 'Che,' Chavez perfumes a no-go in Cuba
- Would you wear the Suitsy?
- Woman hitches rides on planes to 46 states
- School bus driver crashes, goes into labor
- Police: Shirtless drunk man took bath in holy water