The president of Kingsport City Schools is asking you to support the Board of Mayor and Alderman when it comes to possible tax or fee increases for the greater good of the community and its schools. In a statement released Wednesday, Carrie Upshaw said, "I urge everyone, parent, citizen, employer/employee, retiree, or whatever your current role is, to join with the Board of Education and speak now and support our BMA in funding what is necessary to ensure the continued health and vitality of all the programs in our city and to provide for moving us forward to make Kingsport the most desired location to live, work and learn, both now and into the future."
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Johns Hopkins mistakenly welcomes wrong students
- Mystery man hands out $100 bills in Massachusetts
- Cremated remains donated to Goodwill
- DNA from beard leads cops to burglar
- Wis. governor's Hanukkah message: 'Molotov!'
- Corrections officer arrested for shoplifting
- Video of 'Calgary's worst driver' goes viral
- Pastor opens church in Buffalo Wild Wings
- Car crashes into garage -- through the roof