KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police are investigating a string of auto burglaries.
From April of 2012 to March of 2013 there have been a total of 572 car break-ins, according to police. They tell us they investigated 20 in April of 2013.
Police say in most car burglaries, doors are unlocked or there are high-dollar items in plain view. And, they tell us the suspects will take anything including loose change, shopping bags, pharmacy bags, etc.
Kingsport Police remind you to lock your doors and leave nothing behind.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting