BRISTOL, Tenn. - The King School of Medicine is moving forward.
We spoke with Virginia State Senator Bill Carico, who says the Virginia Tobacco Commission and others are pleased with the progress made by developers. Carico tells us they met yesterday in northern Virginia.
The commission is refunding the money spent by the developers since September. Funding to the project was originally withheld because the developers had not raised $10 million, a requirement given to them at the beginning of the project.
The commission is still withholding more than $24 million dollars until they meet again in May.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day