BRISTOL, Tenn. - The King School of Medicine is moving forward.
We spoke with Virginia State Senator Bill Carico, who says the Virginia Tobacco Commission and others are pleased with the progress made by developers. Carico tells us they met yesterday in northern Virginia.
The commission is refunding the money spent by the developers since September. Funding to the project was originally withheld because the developers had not raised $10 million, a requirement given to them at the beginning of the project.
The commission is still withholding more than $24 million dollars until they meet again in May.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial