JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Mother's Day is this Sunday but some local students celebrated a little early.
Kindergarten students at Lake Ridge School in Johnson City held a Mother's Day tea Friday morning.
The students there spent a few weeks working on surprises for mom.
The special gifts included portraits, cards and a short story about what mom means.
Kindergarten teacher Lauren Fultz says everyone loves the event.
"Our mothers brought us into this world and the least we can do is celebrate them and in Kindergarten we do all kinds of little crafts and things like that that we can surprise them with this morning just to see the look on their faces is a really special thing for us," said Fultz.
So don't forget to give your mom a call and some flowers on Sunday.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment