JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Mother's Day is this Sunday but some local students celebrated a little early.
Kindergarten students at Lake Ridge School in Johnson City held a Mother's Day tea Friday morning.
The students there spent a few weeks working on surprises for mom.
The special gifts included portraits, cards and a short story about what mom means.
Kindergarten teacher Lauren Fultz says everyone loves the event.
"Our mothers brought us into this world and the least we can do is celebrate them and in Kindergarten we do all kinds of little crafts and things like that that we can surprise them with this morning just to see the look on their faces is a really special thing for us," said Fultz.
So don't forget to give your mom a call and some flowers on Sunday.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake