Professional Contracting is opening of five coal mines and two preparation plants.
The new operations will be in Dickenson County and Wise County in Virginia and in Harlan County, Kentucky.
The company's plans will create more than 800 jobs. They say they need to fill a variety of positions-- including miners, foremen and dispatchers.
There have been recent layoffs in the coal industry. Company officials say they're hoping to hire people who've been laid off. We're told more than 3,000 applications have been submitted so far.
If you want to apply for one of these jobs, you must do it in person. Their office is located at 850 Park Avenue Northwest in Norton, Virginia.
- Updated Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Updated Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides
- New Bluff City Rescue launches 'Buck for a Truck' campaign
- New Grant deadline approaches to expand Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Women's Facebook warning goes viral