Professional Contracting is opening of five coal mines and two preparation plants.
The new operations will be in Dickenson County and Wise County in Virginia and in Harlan County, Kentucky.
The company's plans will create more than 800 jobs. They say they need to fill a variety of positions-- including miners, foremen and dispatchers.
There have been recent layoffs in the coal industry. Company officials say they're hoping to hire people who've been laid off. We're told more than 3,000 applications have been submitted so far.
If you want to apply for one of these jobs, you must do it in person. Their office is located at 850 Park Avenue Northwest in Norton, Virginia.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development