HARLAN COUNTY, Ky. - A Lee County, Virginia man is facing charges after police say he got into a wreck while driving a loaded coal truck in Harlan County, Kentucky.
Timothy Shepherd, of Pennington Gap, is charged with driving under the influence, reckless driving and failing to have an insurance card.
Kentucky State Police believe he could not handle the turn on Highway 421, causing the truck to overturn.
Police say the coal was dumped onto someone's yard.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court