HARLAN COUNTY, Ky. - A Lee County, Virginia man is facing charges after police say he got into a wreck while driving a loaded coal truck in Harlan County, Kentucky.
Timothy Shepherd, of Pennington Gap, is charged with driving under the influence, reckless driving and failing to have an insurance card.
Kentucky State Police believe he could not handle the turn on Highway 421, causing the truck to overturn.
Police say the coal was dumped onto someone's yard.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend