HARLAN COUNTY, Ky. - A Lee County, Virginia man is facing charges after police say he got into a wreck while driving a loaded coal truck in Harlan County, Kentucky.
Timothy Shepherd, of Pennington Gap, is charged with driving under the influence, reckless driving and failing to have an insurance card.
Kentucky State Police believe he could not handle the turn on Highway 421, causing the truck to overturn.
Police say the coal was dumped onto someone's yard.
- New Bristol, Va. school system operating under tight budget; asking city for extra funds
- Appalachian Power inspecting 600,000 power poles for any structural damage
- More accidents expected as Mt. Carmel speed cameras expire
- Mount Carmel BMA considers town park expansion
- Bluff City speed cam offline in 2019