A Jackson County, KY man is in custody and has been charged in a weekend kidnapping case that has resulted in the death of a 5-year-old boy.
A report issued Monday by the Kentucky State Police says Lonnie Belt, 41, forced Jessica Durham to fall off of an 80-foot cliff near the town of McKee on Saturday. Her son James Spoonamore, 5, was found dead in the area.
Durham was found by hikers and was taken to a hospital where she is being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Belt is currently charged with two counts of kidnapping, assault and tampering with physical evidence, the report said.
- Johnson City man arrested in connection to string of auto burglaries
- Suspect arrested after leading Washington County, VA deputies on a high speed chase
- The disappearance of Jessica Garino: a search for the truth
- All-star game at UVA Wise boosts local businesses
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down