FLOYD CO., Ky. - A failed inspection is leaving a Kentucky coal mine in hot water.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration issued 23 citations and 6 unwarrantable failure orders following an inspection of Tram Energy LLC, Number One Mine in Floyd County on May 8.
The alleged violations include mining without required dust controls in place and accumulations of combustible materials.
MSHA says that the citations and orders led to the mine's closure from May 21t until may 30.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University