FLOYD CO., Ky. - A failed inspection is leaving a Kentucky coal mine in hot water.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration issued 23 citations and 6 unwarrantable failure orders following an inspection of Tram Energy LLC, Number One Mine in Floyd County on May 8.
The alleged violations include mining without required dust controls in place and accumulations of combustible materials.
MSHA says that the citations and orders led to the mine's closure from May 21t until may 30.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend