FLOYD CO., Ky. - A failed inspection is leaving a Kentucky coal mine in hot water.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration issued 23 citations and 6 unwarrantable failure orders following an inspection of Tram Energy LLC, Number One Mine in Floyd County on May 8.
The alleged violations include mining without required dust controls in place and accumulations of combustible materials.
MSHA says that the citations and orders led to the mine's closure from May 21t until may 30.
- Updated Update on Proposed Methadone Clinic for Gray
- Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic