FLOYD CO., Ky. - A failed inspection is leaving a Kentucky coal mine in hot water.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration issued 23 citations and 6 unwarrantable failure orders following an inspection of Tram Energy LLC, Number One Mine in Floyd County on May 8.
The alleged violations include mining without required dust controls in place and accumulations of combustible materials.
MSHA says that the citations and orders led to the mine's closure from May 21t until may 30.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash