FLOYD CO., Ky. - A failed inspection is leaving a Kentucky coal mine in hot water.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration issued 23 citations and 6 unwarrantable failure orders following an inspection of Tram Energy LLC, Number One Mine in Floyd County on May 8.
The alleged violations include mining without required dust controls in place and accumulations of combustible materials.
MSHA says that the citations and orders led to the mine's closure from May 21t until may 30.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man