LEXINGTON, Ky. - Researchers, government officials, industry representatives and safety professionals will be among those attending the Central Appalachian Regional Work Safety and Health Symposium Wednesday.
The one-day conference will focus on the health and safety of Appalachian coal miners. Topics to be discussed include black lung disease and proposed changes to federal mining safety regulations.
The conference is being held in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court