LEXINGTON, Ky. - Researchers, government officials, industry representatives and safety professionals will be among those attending the Central Appalachian Regional Work Safety and Health Symposium Wednesday.
The one-day conference will focus on the health and safety of Appalachian coal miners. Topics to be discussed include black lung disease and proposed changes to federal mining safety regulations.
The conference is being held in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting