RICHMOND, Va. - The Virginia State Corporation Commission will soon hold a public hearing on a request by Kentucky Utilities Company for a general rate increase.
The SCC says the hearing will give members of the public in Kentucky Utilities' Southwestern Virginia service area a more convenient location to offer opinions.
Kentucky Utilities does business as Old Dominion Power Company in the area and is asking to increase its base rates by $9.57 for a customer using 1,000 kilowatt hours of electricity.
The two public sessions are scheduled in Norton, Virginia on June 24th in the Norton City Council Chambers located at 618 Virginia Avenue. The first session is at 4pm and the second at 7pm.
Written comments on the proposal can also be submitted, but must be done by September 26, 2013. All correspondence should be sent to the Clerk of the State Corporation Commission, Document Control Center, P.O. Box 2118, Richmond, Virginia 23218-2118, and refer to case number PUE-2013-00013.
You can also submit comments electronically at the SCC's website.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day