JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A judge has thrown out the confession of a Johnson City teen accused of killing his mother and then having sex with her body.
Cody Miller was in court Thursday for a pre-trial motions hearing. Authorities say he strangled his mother, Sherry Cooper, in 2009 at their Johnson City apartment.
Miller was 17 at the time.
Authorities say Miller's video statement to detectives shows him both confessing and then denying killing his mother.
We have a call in to Judge Bob Cupp to confirm why the video is being thrown out as well as when Miller will return to court.
Another person, Chris Johnson, is also facing charges in this case.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome