JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A judge has thrown out the confession of a Johnson City teen accused of killing his mother and then having sex with her body.
Cody Miller was in court Thursday for a pre-trial motions hearing. Authorities say he strangled his mother, Sherry Cooper, in 2009 at their Johnson City apartment.
Miller was 17 at the time.
Authorities say Miller's video statement to detectives shows him both confessing and then denying killing his mother.
We have a call in to Judge Bob Cupp to confirm why the video is being thrown out as well as when Miller will return to court.
Another person, Chris Johnson, is also facing charges in this case.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- Updated Kingsport police looking for quick change scammers
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois