JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A judge has thrown out the confession of a Johnson City teen accused of killing his mother and then having sex with her body.
Cody Miller was in court Thursday for a pre-trial motions hearing. Authorities say he strangled his mother, Sherry Cooper, in 2009 at their Johnson City apartment.
Miller was 17 at the time.
Authorities say Miller's video statement to detectives shows him both confessing and then denying killing his mother.
We have a call in to Judge Bob Cupp to confirm why the video is being thrown out as well as when Miller will return to court.
Another person, Chris Johnson, is also facing charges in this case.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon