The Jonesborough Board of Mayor and Aldermen has approved a hike in water and sewer rates. Effective today, customers will pay one to two dollars more per month for water. Inside town limits, the minimum cost of water was increased one dollar while outside town limits, residents will see a raise of two dollars per month. A twenty-five percent increase in the cost of sewer service was also approved. Town leaders tell News 5 the increase will help meet debt payments on over $11-million of improvements to Jonesborough's water and sewer systems.
New Photos & Videos
- Funeral Arrangements Released for Dr. Ralph Stanley
- Ralph Stanley dead at the age of 89
- Man arrested on meth charges after leading officers on foot chase
- Marion construction to impact water service
- Results from the Red Bull Tennessee Nationals at Muddy Creek
- Gardner found not guilty in stabbing death of Huey Stanley Jr.
- 2 dead, several injured at Fort Worth dance studio shooting
- Former Tennessee Women's Basketball Coach Pat Summitt "struggling"