The Jonesborough Board of Mayor and Aldermen has approved a hike in water and sewer rates. Effective today, customers will pay one to two dollars more per month for water. Inside town limits, the minimum cost of water was increased one dollar while outside town limits, residents will see a raise of two dollars per month. A twenty-five percent increase in the cost of sewer service was also approved. Town leaders tell News 5 the increase will help meet debt payments on over $11-million of improvements to Jonesborough's water and sewer systems.
New Photos & Videos
- Abingdon jury hearing trial of man accused of sexually assaulting dog
- Shooting under investigation in Abingdon
- Underpaid, overworked may soon get some relief
- Fatal crash in Smyth County
- Flowered muscle car worth $1.4 million stolen
- Read the latest StormTrack 5 Forecast
- Police identify the man killed in a Lee County crash
- Are backlit devices disturbing your sleep?