The Jonesborough Board of Mayor and Aldermen has approved a hike in water and sewer rates. Effective today, customers will pay one to two dollars more per month for water. Inside town limits, the minimum cost of water was increased one dollar while outside town limits, residents will see a raise of two dollars per month. A twenty-five percent increase in the cost of sewer service was also approved. Town leaders tell News 5 the increase will help meet debt payments on over $11-million of improvements to Jonesborough's water and sewer systems.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)
- Family angry after airline 'loses' elderly mother
- Thousands of wasps found nesting on bed
- Brazilian man declared dead wakes up in body bag
- World's most expensive hot dog costs $169
- Panda may have faked pregnancy for more food
- Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead