The Jonesborough Board of Mayor and Aldermen has approved a hike in water and sewer rates. Effective today, customers will pay one to two dollars more per month for water. Inside town limits, the minimum cost of water was increased one dollar while outside town limits, residents will see a raise of two dollars per month. A twenty-five percent increase in the cost of sewer service was also approved. Town leaders tell News 5 the increase will help meet debt payments on over $11-million of improvements to Jonesborough's water and sewer systems.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Tenant won't pay damages for peeing while standing
- Was King Tut's beard broken, glued back on?
- Man bulldozes home, doesn't tell anyone
- Rare frilled shark caught off Australia coast
- Ramen tangles traffic after truck crash
- No jail time for woman who faked daughter's cancer
- Man attacked by owl on morning run
- Man cited for eating burger while driving
- Hundreds of birds covered in mystery 'goop'