The Jonesborough Board of Mayor and Aldermen has approved a hike in water and sewer rates. Effective today, customers will pay one to two dollars more per month for water. Inside town limits, the minimum cost of water was increased one dollar while outside town limits, residents will see a raise of two dollars per month. A twenty-five percent increase in the cost of sewer service was also approved. Town leaders tell News 5 the increase will help meet debt payments on over $11-million of improvements to Jonesborough's water and sewer systems.
New Photos & Videos
- Owner of coal trucking company pleads guilty to federal violations
- Police investigating robbery in Bristol
- Man in jail after allegedly attacking victim with concrete block and stick
- The Bristol Hotel to open in the summer of 2017
- Man pleads guilty who had 300,000 images of child porn on computer
- Man charged with attempted first-degree murder in Greene County
- Two men sentenced for involvement in crack cocaine distribution conspiracy
- Mars closest to Earth tonight
- Kenny Chesney to play before Battle at Bristol
- We Salute You: Johnny Wayne Chapman, Saltville, Va.
- Tuesday Afternoon's StormTrack 5 Forecast Video: 5-31
- Tuesday Night's StormTrack 5 Forecast Video
- Monday Night's StormTrack 5 Forecast: 05-30-16
- VHSL Playoff Highlights 5-30
- We Salute You: Paul David Keesee, Chilhowie, Va.
- Plumb Alley Day draws thousands