The Jonesborough Board of Mayor and Aldermen has approved a hike in water and sewer rates. Effective today, customers will pay one to two dollars more per month for water. Inside town limits, the minimum cost of water was increased one dollar while outside town limits, residents will see a raise of two dollars per month. A twenty-five percent increase in the cost of sewer service was also approved. Town leaders tell News 5 the increase will help meet debt payments on over $11-million of improvements to Jonesborough's water and sewer systems.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Man posts 15,000 fliers looking for love in NYC
- Police: Woman stole angel statue from cemetery
- Funeral home offers drive-thru visitation
- Daredevil dachshund 'loves' first skydive
- 'Nude' women's cycling uniforms raise eyebrows
- Coyote found napping in Ariz. fireplace
- Pizza Hut outlet drops 'free small animal' deal
- Pomeranian disappears: Did he become dinner?
- Police: Man hid drugs in D.A.R.E. stuffed animal