Johnson City, TN - A Johnson City man will appear in court Monday after police say he robbed someone in a restaurant parking lot.
Keanest Whitson was arrested when investigators say he assaulted and stole cash from a victim in the Mid-City Grill parking lot early Sunday morning.
Johnson City Police responded to the call and quickly arrested Whitson.
He is now in The Washington County Detention Center under a $50,000 bond.
His initial court appearance is set for Monday in the General Sessions Court.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court