BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol, Tennessee City Manager Jeff Broughton announced he will be resigning on Wednesday.
According to a news release sent to us from the city Wednesday morning, he'll stay with the city through June 20.
Broughton accepted a job with the Municipal Technical Advisory Service at the University of Tennessee's Institute of Public Service. He'll work with city officials in Nashville.
Broughton has been city manager in Bristol, Tennessee since September of 2004.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect