BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol, Tennessee City Manager Jeff Broughton announced he will be resigning on Wednesday.
According to a news release sent to us from the city Wednesday morning, he'll stay with the city through June 20.
Broughton accepted a job with the Municipal Technical Advisory Service at the University of Tennessee's Institute of Public Service. He'll work with city officials in Nashville.
Broughton has been city manager in Bristol, Tennessee since September of 2004.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting