BRISTOL, Va. - Last week's snowfall left some people stranded and unprepared for the situation.
We spoke to a patrol officer with the Bristol Virginia Police Department, who said there are some things you may want to consider leaving in your car in case inclement weather hits our area.
The items included an extra set of clothes, snacks and water, cell phone charger, shovel, and an ice scraper.
"My rule of thumb was I'd rather have more than I need that not enough because if I need it and don't have it then I am out of luck," said Matthew Quillen.
Quillen said prevention is a great way to stay safe during bad weather, by checking the tire inflation and windshield wipers.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens
- Updated Jonesborough police chief issues brief statement after being placed on leave