BRISTOL, Va. - Last week's snowfall left some people stranded and unprepared for the situation.
We spoke to a patrol officer with the Bristol Virginia Police Department, who said there are some things you may want to consider leaving in your car in case inclement weather hits our area.
The items included an extra set of clothes, snacks and water, cell phone charger, shovel, and an ice scraper.
"My rule of thumb was I'd rather have more than I need that not enough because if I need it and don't have it then I am out of luck," said Matthew Quillen.
Quillen said prevention is a great way to stay safe during bad weather, by checking the tire inflation and windshield wipers.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport