BRISTOL, Va. - Last week's snowfall left some people stranded and unprepared for the situation.
We spoke to a patrol officer with the Bristol Virginia Police Department, who said there are some things you may want to consider leaving in your car in case inclement weather hits our area.
The items included an extra set of clothes, snacks and water, cell phone charger, shovel, and an ice scraper.
"My rule of thumb was I'd rather have more than I need that not enough because if I need it and don't have it then I am out of luck," said Matthew Quillen.
Quillen said prevention is a great way to stay safe during bad weather, by checking the tire inflation and windshield wipers.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day