BRISTOL, Va. - Last week's snowfall left some people stranded and unprepared for the situation.
We spoke to a patrol officer with the Bristol Virginia Police Department, who said there are some things you may want to consider leaving in your car in case inclement weather hits our area.
The items included an extra set of clothes, snacks and water, cell phone charger, shovel, and an ice scraper.
"My rule of thumb was I'd rather have more than I need that not enough because if I need it and don't have it then I am out of luck," said Matthew Quillen.
Quillen said prevention is a great way to stay safe during bad weather, by checking the tire inflation and windshield wipers.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next