A tech company headquartered in Wisconsin wants to take advantage of technology by microchipping its employees.
According to The Associated Press, Three Market Square, a company that provides technology for the self-serve break room market, says 50 of its employees are expected to get the rice-sized implant beneath the skin between the thumb and forefinger. With the implants, workers will be able to get in and out of the building, log into computers and buy snacks from the vending machine.
CEO Todd Westby hopes the chip technology will eventually be used in air travel, public transit and retail.
- Updated Powerball Lottery winner in Greeneville
- Black Friday Shopping: inside the action at The Mall at Johnson City
- Illinois teacher arrested after video shows drug use
- Reports of illegal importing of deer carcasses with chronic wasting disease
- Country Christmas Show celebrates 35th year in Bristol