A New York woman who was undergoing an operation says her surgeon used his cellphone during surgery.
According to The Associated Press, Mary Edwards, 70, was having surgery to correct her varicose veins when she says her doctor, Eric Fishman, began to take a language test on his cellphone. After the surgery, Edwards says Fishman told her he was taking a Spanish proficiency test.
Edwards is suing Fishman and his employer, Westmed Medical Group, for an unspecified amount of money in damages.
- 17 arrested for alleged hazing incident near Radford University
- Updated Gov. McAuliffe shares proudest, hardest moments of his term
- Authorities searching for missing 72-year-old Hawkins County man
- Coroner: Accused Ky. lawmaker's death apparently suicide
- Another N. Carolina church offers sanctuary from deportation