Police in Illinois were called on to help a furry, four-legged friend who found himself in a bind.
Officer K. Vaughn, of the City of Zion Police Department, received a call because a raccoon had been eating a little too well and was caught on a sewer grate.
After police and animal control were not able to remove the animal, the Zion Public Works Department was able to free him.
The raccoon was fine after his ordeal, authorities said.
- UPDATE: Judge rules Azotea's murder confession admissible in jury trial
- UPDATE: Donald Trump Jr. denies Hawkins County, Tennessee land offer
- Good Samaritan Ministries still need sponors for 500 people in need this holiday season
- Local Subway restaurants donating sandwiches to non-profits to show appreciation
- Niswonger Children's Hospital Christmas event for kids receiving treatment