A Florida man who was short on cash allegedly Googled "how to rob a bank" before actually robbing a bank Thursday.
The Miami Herald reports William Joe Johnson, 26, was found at an Express Inn by police Monday, where they questioned him about the robbery. The bank teller told police the man had a gun and left with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Johnson admitted to the robbery and the Google search. According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, Johnson spent the money on rent, bills and a drug binge.
Johnson was booked into Pinellas County Jail on robbery charges.
- Disney Animation, Pixar chief John Lasseter taking leave
- Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination