VERO BEACH, Fla. - Timothy Silyers, 27, and Brianna Hook, 22, of Vero Beach made a bet with each other on the Green Bay Packers vs. Dallas Cowboys game on Sunday, WPLG TV reports.
The bet: The fan of the winning team would get to set the fan of the losing team's jersey on fire, a report from the Indian River County Sheriff's Office said.
The Packers, Hook's team, beat the Cowboys, Silyers' team, 35-31.
The two then went outside and set Silyers' jersey on fire.
Silyers told a deputy he grabbed the jersey with his right arm and attempted to put it on while it was on fire. He said he did it because he was "under the influence of an alcoholic beverage," the sheriff's deputy's report said.
Hook said she and other family members took the jersey off Silyers, and brought him to the hospital.
The deputy reported seeing second-degree burns to Silyers' back and third-degree burns to his right arm.
Hook and Silyers stated no crime had occurred. They said they were "messing around" and admitted to being drunk, according to the Sheriff's Office report.
- New Former Ball employees 'cautiously optimistic' of new textile plant
- State parks hosting "First Day Hikes"
- UPDATE: Judge rules Azotea's murder confession admissible in jury trial
- UPDATE: Donald Trump Jr. denies Hawkins County, Tennessee land offer
- Good Samaritan Ministries still need sponors for 500 people in need this holiday season