An ex-preschool teacher who was fired for having a blood alcohol content of .370 at work showed up drunk to her sentencing Thursday, according to court documents, WOI reported.
Angela Hircock, 43, was charged in March for child endangerment, an aggravated misdemeanor, after she was caught drunk during business hours at the Lil Scholars Too day care in West Des Moines, Iowa, WOI reported.
Hircock was immediately fired, WOI reported, and pleaded guilty to the criminal charge in July. She was expected to face two years of probation.
During the sentencing, Hircock told the judge that she had been sober for 161 days, Judge Cynthia Moisan wrote about the court appearance, WOI reported.
But during post-sentence processing for probation, Hircock's blood alcohol content was .178, WOI reported. She was jailed without release.
Moisan requested a new substance abuse evaluation, to be completed before Hircock's Sept. 8 sentencing, WOI reported.
Ex-preschool teacher shows up drunk to sentencing... https://t.co/zyAQyuG8Rx— We Are Iowa Local 5 (@weareiowa5news) August 31, 2017
- Washington Co. Tenn. mayor Dan Eldridge not seeking re-election
- Victim's mother: 'Remember Emily's face, not the monster that did this'
- Carter County Schools closed Tuesday after flooding
- Local church sending 100,000 meals to hurricane victims
- On the ballot: should the sale of alcohol be permitted on Sundays in Wise County?