SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities tell us that one of their unsolved murders could be connected to the 2011 murder of Betty Short in Kingsport.
Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart tells us that detectives feel one suspect committed the murder of Gary Lavon Jones as well.
Sixty-five-year-old Betty Sue Short was killed in her apartment on Barnett Drive in Kingsport.
Fifty-three-year-old Gary Jones was found dead inside of his home on Lone Oak Drive in Colonial Heights in November of 2010.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial