SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities tell us that one of their unsolved murders could be connected to the 2011 murder of Betty Short in Kingsport.
Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart tells us that detectives feel one suspect committed the murder of Gary Lavon Jones as well.
Sixty-five-year-old Betty Sue Short was killed in her apartment on Barnett Drive in Kingsport.
Fifty-three-year-old Gary Jones was found dead inside of his home on Lone Oak Drive in Colonial Heights in November of 2010.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave