SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities tell us that one of their unsolved murders could be connected to the 2011 murder of Betty Short in Kingsport.
Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart tells us that detectives feel one suspect committed the murder of Gary Lavon Jones as well.
Sixty-five-year-old Betty Sue Short was killed in her apartment on Barnett Drive in Kingsport.
Fifty-three-year-old Gary Jones was found dead inside of his home on Lone Oak Drive in Colonial Heights in November of 2010.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next