SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities tell us that one of their unsolved murders could be connected to the 2011 murder of Betty Short in Kingsport.
Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart tells us that detectives feel one suspect committed the murder of Gary Lavon Jones as well.
Sixty-five-year-old Betty Sue Short was killed in her apartment on Barnett Drive in Kingsport.
Fifty-three-year-old Gary Jones was found dead inside of his home on Lone Oak Drive in Colonial Heights in November of 2010.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson