JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - An animal cruelty investigation is underway in Johnson City after three animals are found dead and a fourth is put down.
Washington County Animal Control received a call around 8:00 Saturday morning about animals on Crowell Lane.
Animal Control Officer Wayne Thomas says he went to the scene and found a horse in need of medical attention and three other animals dead on the property.
Thomas says the horse had to be put down due to poor health. Now an investigation is underway.
"Possibly be charged for cruelty and it just depends on what I get back from the vet and his statement what he saw when he was there and what he wants to confirm to me," says Thomas.
No charges have been filed at this time. The case is still under investigation.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane