JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - An animal cruelty investigation is underway in Johnson City after three animals are found dead and a fourth is put down.
Washington County Animal Control received a call around 8:00 Saturday morning about animals on Crowell Lane.
Animal Control Officer Wayne Thomas says he went to the scene and found a horse in need of medical attention and three other animals dead on the property.
Thomas says the horse had to be put down due to poor health. Now an investigation is underway.
"Possibly be charged for cruelty and it just depends on what I get back from the vet and his statement what he saw when he was there and what he wants to confirm to me," says Thomas.
No charges have been filed at this time. The case is still under investigation.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- New Police searching for driver responsible for causing rollover crash on I-81
- Updated Appalachian Regional Commission earmarks $6 million for coal country
- Updated UPDATE: Former Bristol doctor receives probation on tax charges