JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - An animal cruelty investigation is underway in Johnson City after three animals are found dead and a fourth is put down.
Washington County Animal Control received a call around 8:00 Saturday morning about animals on Crowell Lane.
Animal Control Officer Wayne Thomas says he went to the scene and found a horse in need of medical attention and three other animals dead on the property.
Thomas says the horse had to be put down due to poor health. Now an investigation is underway.
"Possibly be charged for cruelty and it just depends on what I get back from the vet and his statement what he saw when he was there and what he wants to confirm to me," says Thomas.
No charges have been filed at this time. The case is still under investigation.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy