Investigation into a Boone motel headed to District Attorney
The investigation into the carbon monoxide deaths of three people at a Boone motel is being presented to the Watauga District Attorney.
Back in April an elderly couple was found dead in a room at the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza motel.
Then in June, an 11 year old boy was found dead in the same room.
Investigators say all three died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The deaths are blamed on a faulty heater that investigators say the motel did not get a permit to install.
Investigators also say a warning in the owners manual said carbon monoxide detectors were needed for the heater, however that was also ignored.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.