ABINGDON, Va. - Abingdon police continue to investigate the deadly accident that killed a New York man yesterday, May 19th, when a large tree fell during a wind storm.
News 5 asked the town attorney whether they have any liability in the incident.
Abingdon's town attorney Deb Icenhour told us that the town is extremely diligent in maintaining the trees that line Main Street.
In fact we learned that the town employs an arborist to check on and maintain the health of the trees.
Icenhour says the tree was not on any list to be removed and that yesterdays death was an unfortunate accident.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin