ABINGDON, Va. - Abingdon police continue to investigate the deadly accident that killed a New York man yesterday, May 19th, when a large tree fell during a wind storm.
News 5 asked the town attorney whether they have any liability in the incident.
Abingdon's town attorney Deb Icenhour told us that the town is extremely diligent in maintaining the trees that line Main Street.
In fact we learned that the town employs an arborist to check on and maintain the health of the trees.
Icenhour says the tree was not on any list to be removed and that yesterdays death was an unfortunate accident.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue