ABINGDON, Va. - There was a special performance at the Abingdon, Virginia Library Tuesday afternoon.
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library Penguin Players took center stage. The players choose a book from Dolly's Library and bring it to life.
Tuesday's book was called "One Cool Friend." It's about a child becoming friends with a penguin he met at an aquarium. "They are so sweet. They laugh and that's kind of why we are into it," says Chance Smith, with Dollywood. "Their reactions that make you happy and they always want to come up and see the puppets. It's a good experience."
The program is designed to encourage children to read and go to the library. The Imagination Library is now in three countries and is continuing to grow.
- New Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone