BRISTOL, Va./Tenn. - A familiar face lead the 32nd annual downtown Bristol Christmas Parade.
David Browning, you know him as the Mayberry Deputy, is the grand marshal for the parade. Santa Claus also made an appearance.
The parade kicked off Thursday night at 7:00 p.m.
There were 192 entries, including commercial floats, small businesses, non-profits and churches.
The staging areas were at several different locations this year and the floats made their way down State Street.
Parade organizers gave out trophies for the best floats.
BTES won for best Christmas spirit and best commercial float.
Topping the list for a small business was RS&H.
Bristol Softball took the prize for a non-profit.
The winning church float was Full Gospel Fellowship.
- Updated Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Updated Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides
- New Bluff City Rescue launches 'Buck for a Truck' campaign
- New Grant deadline approaches to expand Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Women's Facebook warning goes viral