Hundreds of people ran through the streets of downtown Bristol Saturday morning for the annual Bristol Rhythm and Roots 5K run and two mile walk.
868 runners and walkers took part, making it the largest race in festival history.
The 5k race started on Martin Luther King Boulevard finished at the main stage on State Street.
Chad Barrett of Bristol, Tennessee placed first overall with a time of 17:31. 60-year-old Tom McCormick of Jonesborough, Tennessee finished second with a time of 17:32, that's a Tennessee state record for his age group.
The first female finisher, Stephanie Place of Bristol, Tennessee set a course record with a time of 18:56.
Proceeds from the event go back to Bristol's rhythm and roots reunion.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day