BRISTOL, Tenn. - Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live on a houseboat? A few people had that chance earlier tonight.
The Laurel Marina and Yacht Club opened houseboats for tours. Tickets were available for $50 per person or $75 per couple. Proceeds from the tour go to the YWCA of Bristol.
We talked to Dale Thomas, President and CEO of Laurel Marina & Yacht Club, about what the evening was all about, "One is we want to show the public what really houseboat living is all about, and what it is out here on beautiful South Holston Lake. Second of all, we would like to raise some money here for the YWCA."
Guests were also able to experience food from the marina. Each boat served one item, from appetizers to dessert.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial