BRISTOL, Va. - A Bristol, Virginia man is recovering Sunday after a trip to the hospital.
The Bristol Virginia Fire Department says they received the call about a house fire on the 600 block of Norfolk Avenue a little before three Sunday afternoon.
When fire crews arrived, they noticed a lot of smoke coming from the right side of the home and were able to determine the fire was in the basement of the home.
Crew were quickly able to put the fire out and Captain Mark Garrett says no one was hurt.
"There was approximately four people inside the house. One was bed-ridden. We had to rescue him. There was smoke on the first level and we had to rescue him and he was later transported to Bristol Regional Medical Center," adds Garrett.
Garrett tells News 5 they are still looking for the cause, but the fire did start in a bag of trash.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital