BRISTOL, Va. - With the storms rolling in from Hurricane Sandy, many hotels in our area are feeling the impact.
We called several hotels in the area; all of them told us the storm is affecting their reservations.
We learned many people were canceling because they did not want to travel during the bad weather. "Just this morning we've had 60 cancellations. We're a very business-oriented hotel, so it's going to greatly impact our revenue for the day," said Director of Sales, Keisha Gould.
We are also told hotels are expecting drop-ins to make up for part of their cancellations after the temperatures drop and the chance for snow rises.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day