BRISTOL, Va. - With the storms rolling in from Hurricane Sandy, many hotels in our area are feeling the impact.
We called several hotels in the area; all of them told us the storm is affecting their reservations.
We learned many people were canceling because they did not want to travel during the bad weather. "Just this morning we've had 60 cancellations. We're a very business-oriented hotel, so it's going to greatly impact our revenue for the day," said Director of Sales, Keisha Gould.
We are also told hotels are expecting drop-ins to make up for part of their cancellations after the temperatures drop and the chance for snow rises.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power