BRISTOL, Tenn./Va. - For 86-years, The Santa Pal program has been making Christmas wishes come true for hundreds of kids in our region.
The program helps underprivileged children who live in Bristol Tennessee and Virginia and part of Sullivan County.
Last year the group gave gifts to 843-children. This year that number is up to a thousand.
Bob Gose, Board President of Santa Pal tells us, "Anyone who wants to participate, they can adopt children, and they do the shopping for the child and we can give them a wish list for that child. Then they can either turn the gifts back into us and we will deliver or they can deliver them themselves."
To adopt a child or donate to the Santa Pal program call 276-645-7450.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy