If you are one of the millions planning to travel this week for Thanksgiving, you won't have to worry about road closures in Tennessee or Virginia.
Departments of Transportation in both Tennessee and Virginia are halting lane closures beginning Wednesday.
In Tennessee all lanes will open at noon and stay open until 6:00 a.m. Monday morning.
In Virginia most closures will be suspended at noon Wednesday. They will not close again until noon Monday.
You should expect to see more police on the roads as well.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane