If you are one of the millions planning to travel this week for Thanksgiving, you won't have to worry about road closures in Tennessee or Virginia.
Departments of Transportation in both Tennessee and Virginia are halting lane closures beginning Wednesday.
In Tennessee all lanes will open at noon and stay open until 6:00 a.m. Monday morning.
In Virginia most closures will be suspended at noon Wednesday. They will not close again until noon Monday.
You should expect to see more police on the roads as well.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire