BRISTOL, Va. - It's official. Bristol, Virginia's city council signed a contract Tuesday morning making way for Hilton Garden Inn on Exit 7.
City Councilman Ed Harlow says it's a $9 million investment and the business will open up 40 full time jobs.
The hotel will locate near Cracker Barrel. Harlow calls this a significant addition to the city and says he hopes the hotel will lead to more development on the north side of Interstate 81 off of Exit 7.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane