BRISTOL, Va. - It's official. Bristol, Virginia's city council signed a contract Tuesday morning making way for Hilton Garden Inn on Exit 7.
City Councilman Ed Harlow says it's a $9 million investment and the business will open up 40 full time jobs.
The hotel will locate near Cracker Barrel. Harlow calls this a significant addition to the city and says he hopes the hotel will lead to more development on the north side of Interstate 81 off of Exit 7.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting