BRISTOL, Va. - It's official. Bristol, Virginia's city council signed a contract Tuesday morning making way for Hilton Garden Inn on Exit 7.
City Councilman Ed Harlow says it's a $9 million investment and the business will open up 40 full time jobs.
The hotel will locate near Cracker Barrel. Harlow calls this a significant addition to the city and says he hopes the hotel will lead to more development on the north side of Interstate 81 off of Exit 7.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day