BRISTOL, Tenn. - Thousands of race fans are moving into Bristol this week for all of the action coming up at Bristol Motor Speedway.
And because of that, TDOT officials are sending their Help Trucks to assist with heavy traffic.
TDOT officials tell us three of those trucks will patrol the area, helping with any incident they need to to keep traffic moving.
We're told operators of these trucks will be able to perform a variety of functions from clearing a stalled car to changing a flat tire.
We've learned Knoxville's Help Truck operators respond to approximately 25,000 incidents a year.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital