BRISTOL, Tenn. - Thousands of race fans are moving into Bristol this week for all of the action coming up at Bristol Motor Speedway.
And because of that, TDOT officials are sending their Help Trucks to assist with heavy traffic.
TDOT officials tell us three of those trucks will patrol the area, helping with any incident they need to to keep traffic moving.
We're told operators of these trucks will be able to perform a variety of functions from clearing a stalled car to changing a flat tire.
We've learned Knoxville's Help Truck operators respond to approximately 25,000 incidents a year.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator