BRISTOL, Tenn. - Thousands of race fans are moving into Bristol this week for all of the action coming up at Bristol Motor Speedway.
And because of that, TDOT officials are sending their Help Trucks to assist with heavy traffic.
TDOT officials tell us three of those trucks will patrol the area, helping with any incident they need to to keep traffic moving.
We're told operators of these trucks will be able to perform a variety of functions from clearing a stalled car to changing a flat tire.
We've learned Knoxville's Help Truck operators respond to approximately 25,000 incidents a year.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court