BRISTOL, Tenn. - Thousands of race fans are moving into Bristol this week for all of the action coming up at Bristol Motor Speedway.
And because of that, TDOT officials are sending their Help Trucks to assist with heavy traffic.
TDOT officials tell us three of those trucks will patrol the area, helping with any incident they need to to keep traffic moving.
We're told operators of these trucks will be able to perform a variety of functions from clearing a stalled car to changing a flat tire.
We've learned Knoxville's Help Truck operators respond to approximately 25,000 incidents a year.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City