ABINGDON, Va. - Something that makes Easter special in our region is food.
Heartwood in Abingdon had plenty of it on Sunday. They hosted an Easter breakfast brunch.
They even had someone cooking omelets by request.
Marketing manager Debra McCown says this event might help give people a little taste of home. "We love being able to offer a special buffet here. There's a lot of folks that may not want to cook or may not have the opportunity to go and eat a special meal with their family out of town, but we're very happy to be able to provide that option here," McCown said.
McCown tells us the event was a big hit -- they had so many reservations they had to turn some people away.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon