The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states based on the newest data, the total number, rates, and ratios of abortions have hit an all-time low.
Of 48 reporting areas nationwide for 2014, 652,639 abortions were reported to the CDC. That equaled a rate of 12.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15 to 44-years-old.
Women in their 20s accounted for the majority of abortions in 2014, totaling 58.9% of all reported abortions, according to a report published by our sister station WZTV.
In 2014, Tennessee totaled 10,987 abortions, 13th among reporting states/areas for women aged 15-44. Of those, 21.3% were obtained by out-of-state residents, the fourth highest total.
- New UPDATE: Judge rules Azotea's murder confession admissible in jury trial
- UPDATE: Donald Trump Jr. denies Hawkins County, Tennessee land offer
- Good Samaritan Ministries still need sponors for 500 people in need this holiday season
- Local Subway restaurants donating sandwiches to non-profits to show appreciation
- Niswonger Children's Hospital Christmas event for kids receiving treatment