"Every long run gets a little emotional for me this time around. I think of all the people who were there when I couldn't do it for myself. I think of the nurses, people at work, my boss who sent cards ... neighbors, friends, family, all praying for me," he said.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Marathoner didn't breathe for a month
42-year-old runner who nearly died from infection training for another marathon
POSTED: 2:45 PM Oct 11 2013 UPDATED: 12:05 AM Oct 12 2013
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Homeless man creates new app
- Boy stops traffic to save dog hit by car
- Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Swim champ gives rival his trophy
- Airline surprises passengers with Christmas gifts
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Feral cats take over nativity scene
- Man pulls ax over cold McDonald's fries
- TipsforJesus' bounty continues for holidays