That said, we wouldn't search for a customized DNA Diet just yet. While there is a genetic component to obesity, our understanding of it is limited, says CNN diet and fitness expert Dr. Melina Jampolis. Researchers are still trying to figure out how genetics, nutrition and exercise are related so we can help people lose weight and keep it off.
Popular now on WCYB.com
5 cool things DNA testing can do
April 25 marks 60th anniversary of scientists' discovery of double helix
POSTED: 3:12 PM Apr 25 2013 UPDATED: 11:58 AM Apr 25 2013
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Homeless man creates new app
- Boy stops traffic to save dog hit by car
- Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Swim champ gives rival his trophy
- Airline surprises passengers with Christmas gifts
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Feral cats take over nativity scene
- Man pulls ax over cold McDonald's fries
- TipsforJesus' bounty continues for holidays