Health department: No mistakes in CO investigation
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services says there were no mistakes by state employees in the investigation of carbon monoxide deaths in a Boone hotel.
We're told a state agency spokesman said the department's involvement in the investigation was limited to processing specimens in the lab.
Officials took about six weeks to obtain toxicology tests results for a couple who died in a room in the hotel.
State officials say there were not told the information was needed urgently.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.