Stopping childhood obesity will be the focus of a symposium Wednesday in Kingsport.
HEAL Appalachia is hosting local and national speakers that will talk about current topics related to childhood obesity.
Organizers say a lot of focus will be on school nutrition and its impact on children.
The winners of the 2013 community grants will also be announced.
The symposium is at the Meadowview Convention Center.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project