Stopping childhood obesity will be the focus of a symposium Wednesday in Kingsport.
HEAL Appalachia is hosting local and national speakers that will talk about current topics related to childhood obesity.
Organizers say a lot of focus will be on school nutrition and its impact on children.
The winners of the 2013 community grants will also be announced.
The symposium is at the Meadowview Convention Center.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin