Stopping childhood obesity will be the focus of a symposium Wednesday in Kingsport.
HEAL Appalachia is hosting local and national speakers that will talk about current topics related to childhood obesity.
Organizers say a lot of focus will be on school nutrition and its impact on children.
The winners of the 2013 community grants will also be announced.
The symposium is at the Meadowview Convention Center.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon