ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. - All over the country communites are remebering the civil rights leader Martin Luther King Junior., including Hawkins County. Today this group marched from the Hawkins County Courthouse in Rogersville to the Russel Chapel A-M-E Zion Church on Hasson Street.
After the 11th annual parade it was followed by a reception. Seargent-First-Class Roy Spears brought his family to the service and said, "I wanted to teach my god-children, who I have custody of living history and show the what MLK Day is all about, which is unity. It's not about skin color white black or anything, but teaching them something the history books has just kind of taken away."
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin