BRISTOL, Tenn. - If you have old scraps left over, the Haven of Rest will take it off your hands.
We learned they have started taking lumber and various other building materials and are re-selling them to the public.
The money they receive from the sales will go to help with their soup kitchen, pantry, as well as their shelter.
Josh Wiley, the manager at Haven of Rest tells me he hopes to help the community out by giving them the option to buy low cost materials. "We're all able to sell this stuff for a fraction of the cost you'd pay for new lumber at one of the home stores," said Wiley.
Wiley tells us they collected nearly $64,000 last year from recycling and they hope this will help boost their revenue.
If you have any old lumber or scrap that you would like to get rid of, the Haven of Rest will come pick it up.
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- New Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury
- Local mayor and associate admitted to bribing voters
- Suspect in stabbing of Greene Co. dog was in country illegally